October 05, 2013

Lancôme Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Makeup Duo - #100 Ivoire (Review and Swatches)

Foundation textures have improved so much in the last few years that it seems like it's not enough for them to simply provide coverage and a skin-like finish. A foundation that merits the term "outstanding" now needs to encompass some sort of significant skincare benefit.

After testing the Lancôme Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Makeup Duo this past week, I think it's safe to say that it falls into that "outstanding" category.

Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation Skin Correcting Makeup Duo  #100 Ivoire Review and Swatches

Teint Visionnaire incorporates some of the ingredients used in the Visionnaire line of skincare, including LR 2412, a molecule that apparently works to reduce the appearance of discolouration, fine lines, pores and other textural irregularities. The specific skincare claims for this foundation are:

In 4 weeks
- Size of dark spots are reduced by 17%
- Fine lines are reduced by 12%
- Size of pores are reduced by 11%

 In 8 weeks
- Size of dark spots are reduced by 22%
- Fine lines are reduced by 20%
- Size of pores are reduced by 17%

Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation Skin Correcting Makeup Duo  #100 Ivoire Review and Swatches

I don't know how they calculate the percentages so precisely, and since I don't possess a Data-esque capacity for measuring volume and depth through the sheer power of my eyeballs, my impressions are a bit more vague. I will say that I observed a definite difference in my skin as I wore this foundation. Not only did my skin appear particularly smooth, luminous and virtually pore-less upon application, but it actually looked better at the end of the day, when I took my makeup off. A touch softer and more refined. It's a rare foundation that accomplishes that!

The texture is lightweight and quite liquid, almost watery, and needs to be shaken up prior to application. If you've used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation, you have an idea of the kind of texture I mean. It looks superbly natural on the skin, and has light-to-medium coverage depending on your application method. It applies well with fingers, foundation brushes and a Beauty Blender, though my favourite is the Beauty Blender for the most natural finish. A traditional foundation brush will provide the most coverage. I had no issues with it picking up over dry spots.

My skin really looked perfected, but not like a blank canvas. Problem-free, subtly illuminated, naturally healthy. In other words - my dream skin. This has easily hit the top of the list for my everyday foundation, though the lighter coverage means that I'll likely be reaching for something else on those days my skin needs more help.

My favourite part, though, is how it wears. I've been applying it at 4am every day for the past week, finishing off with a dusting of MUFE Super Matte Powder. At 8pm, my skin did not look substantially different. A bit faded and shiny through the t-zone, but otherwise intact. No caking or creasing, no dilated pores. A small amount of beading on some pores. After wearing it for 16 hours, it was only a little worse for wear. For a foundation that isn't marketed as long-wearing, that's pretty darn incredible. I do, however, recommend powdering and/or using a primer if you have oilier skin, as the finish can look shiny on this type of skin. (EDIT: I don't generally use a face primer, but I am currently using the Philosophy Time in a Bottle, which has properties similar to primers.)

My only issue is the shade range. I had a hard time finding a match, with most of the lighter shades actually looking too dark or too warm. The best shade for me was the #100 Ivoire, which is the lightest shade. It's not perfect, as it is a tiny bit too light and too pink-toned, but the foundation is forgiving enough that it doesn't seem so apparent. I'm not all that fair, though, so paler complexions might not find a good match. On the plus side, the shade range extends farther into the deeper tones than many high-end foundation, so that is awesome!

Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation Skin Correcting Makeup Duo  #100 Ivoire Review and Swatches

Since this is a Duo, it also comes with a matching cream concealer packaged in the lid, which is a clever feature. It boasts the same skincare benefits as the foundation.

In terms of texture, it's a firm-packed cream concealer - finer, smoother, and less waxy than the MAC Studio Finish Concealer. It's neither emollient nor particularly dry, and the texture works well under the eyes (warmed up and applied with fingers, or swept on with a fluffy brush for a more diffused effect) or elsewhere on the face.

It's close to full coverage, but I think the particular shade is not the best for my skin coverage needs, as I need something a bit deeper and more peach-leaning to knock out the darkness under my eyes.

Lancôme Teint Visionnaire foundation Skin Correcting Makeup Duo - #100 Ivoire (Review and Swatches)
Concealer in top swatch, foundation in bottom swatch.
In the arm swatch above, the match looks pretty good, but in the pictures below you can see that my face is ever so slightly lighter and less yellow than my neck and chest. Not a big deal, and I'm happy to add a drop of another foundation to get the exact right match if it means I get to have this awesome finish.

Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation Skin Correcting Makeup Duo  #100 Ivoire Review and Swatches)

Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation Skin Correcting Makeup Duo   #100 Ivoire Review and Swatches
Lancome Teint Visionnaire in Ivoire, MUFE Super Matte Powder, Shu Uemura Duocolor Blush in Sweet Pink,
Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara, Kat Von D Spellbinding Eye Shadow Book in Galore and Hexagram,
Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in Sydney. 

So what do you think? Have you tried this foundation already? Do you like the idea of foundation doing double-duty as skincare, or do you prefer to keep the two things separate?

Availability: At Lancôme counters at The Bay, Pharmaprix/SDM, Murale and Sephora. Price is 60$ CAD and USD. (Parity, yes!)

Pros: Lightweight texture, very natural, slightly luminous finish, excellent wear. Skin looks softer and more refined after wearing it. Concealer has a good texture to be used both under the eyes and over spots, with good, almost full, coverage.

Cons: Colour matching may be difficult, especially for fairer complexions. This particular shade of concealer is not adequate for blue undereye circles.

(This item was provided by the brand/PR, to be considered for review. This post is not sponsored or compensated. Opinions are my own.)

5 comments:

  1. Great review! :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, never tried this.
    You look amazing as always love your blog and videos.
    J ai habite a Montreal pendant environ 24 ans maintenant j habite a Toronto. ;)
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, which Ivoire did you use? cool, neutral or warm? Thanks, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      It's the one without a specified undertone - Ivoire #100. The Ivoire N #140 probably had the best undertone for me, but was a little too dark.

      And thank you!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)