February 05, 2014

Benefit Lollitint Lip and Cheek Stain

It is the year of the Radiant Orchid, and if you're a fan of pink-tone lilac, then you have offerings in spades.

One of the best ones is the Lollitint Lip and Cheek Stain from Benefit, which joins their already substantial stain line-up. With this one, Benefit took their usual cuteness factor and turned it up to eleven.

Benefit Lollitint Lip and Cheek Tint

The packaging is girlie and pretty, the container a plummy bubblegum with a stylized pinwheel floral design. It's fresh and youthful and feminine - much like the colour it will bring to your cheeks and lips.

The texture is milkier than the classic Benetint, though still extremely liquid and sets to an ever-so-slightly luminous finish. It doesn't feel like anything to the touch, but it doesn't look matte or flat either.

Though the recommended application is using your fingers to quickly rub it in, I find I get the best application by using a brush that has already been used to apply foundation. I dab a bit on, and then blend out quickly. The formula of these tints is so lightweight that it melds completely with the skin, but you do have to be careful about edges. I find the "wet" brush helps to buff out those edges. The result is a completely natural, flushed from within look. And once this sets, it will absolutely not budge. You can go swimming, dancing, para-sailing, and your cheeks will remain as they were in the morning until you take your makeup off at night.

The colour itself is a stunner. A cool-toned pink with a strong lilac undertone, it seems like it might be difficult to pull off, especially for warmer complexions. On the contrary, I find it looks like beautiful, natural, flushed cheeks. The much-invoked (and in this case, perfectly apropos) came-in-from-the-ski-hill cheeks.

With pale skin, the effect is delicate and sublime. On medium, neutral skin, it looks bright and lovely. On deeper skin, I suspect it will look softly pink. On skin that tends to sallowness, it might have a brightening effect, or it might emphasize the yellow-green undertone - it's worth an application test if you can manage.

Benefit Lollitint Lip and Cheek Tint

Like all of the Benefit tints, it can be used as a stain on the lips as well, where it dries to a matte finish. (If you're prone to dry lips, you may want to add a balm.) It can be dabbed on lightly, where the effect is more of a cool pink haze, or it can be layered up for a berry smoothie stain. I personally prefer using this as a cheek colour, because I don't love the taste, but if you're not picky it's a great double-duty product.

What about you guys - have you tried any of the other Benefit tints? Are you feeling the RO version?

Availability: At Sephora, select Murale and Pharmaprix/SDM locations. Price is 36$ CAD.

(Item was provided by the brand/pr to be considered for review. This post is not sponsored or compensated, opinions are my own.)

6 comments:

  1. I really am lemming this right now, so your review is timely Maggie! I just need to go in-store to try it on to see if it shows up enough to my liking. I don't own any of their Benetint's...this is the first one that really caught my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo for timely! Not something I've been good at recently, lol!

      I had the original, but it was too red for me, and I just recently nabbed the Cha-Cha one during a SDM post-Christmas sale. Haven't tried that one yet! I'm curious if it will show up to your liking, but considering how much it can be built up, I wouldn't be surprised.

      Delete
  2. I am DYING to get this product (even though I've had very little luck with Benefit items in the past)! The colour looks absolutely gorgeous and very natural once it's been blended in to the skin. I only wish the price was a little lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look really beautiful with your colouring too!

      Delete
  3. I purchased this recently but have not yet tried it. I really love the colour and consistency though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by how creamy it was compared to the original! Let me know what you think when you do try it out. :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)