August 13, 2012

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy

I meant to get back to these swatches sooner, but...well, shiny new things distracted me. These eyeshadows can be purchased from Beautylish.

My general thoughts on the eyeshadow formula are included in the first post in the series here. The rest of the posts are viewable here.

All swatches are on bare skin, no primer.

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy


Man, I love purples. I only wish I had green eyes to really make these colours pop.

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy
Indirect natural light.

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy
Indirect natural light, different angle.

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy
Direct sunlight.

The top row: matte 325, pearl 446, pearl 452, pearl 445, pearl 440

The application and pigmentation on all of these is excellent. Classic Inglot - buttery, dense, excellent payoff. The matte shade is almost ridiculously pigmented, and by far one of the best purples I have ever encountered.

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy

Inglot Eyeshadows - Purple and Burgundy


Bottom row: double sparkle 494, pearl 441, pearl 439, amc 67, matte 379

The DS and AMC shades both gave me the most trouble, in that they had a somewhat drier texture that grabbed onto the skin, making blending less smooth. That said, they are both still intensely pigmented, they just need more care in application. The microglitter does tend to fall out during application as well.

Pearl 441 has a beautiful, subtle duochrome effect - a gorgeous light violet that flashes a teeny bit blue.

Purples tend to be one of the most difficult colours to get right, so kudos to Inglot for making enough that I can easily put together a full palette of great performers.

5 comments:

  1. You pretty much had me at purple! I love that plum and burgundy are in for Fall, finally a season I'm excited about! DS 494 really catches my eye, I think it would look so good as an eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't wear purples as much as I'd like to though (with my brown eyes and dark circles, purple is tricky).

      Delete
  2. Anonymous18.8.12

    I was just saying how I don't own many true purple shadows...I love to look at these, but I'm just not sure that these kind of shades look all that great on me! Too much color on dark skin starts to get pretty garish :S But how awesome would they look on someone fair with green/hazel eyes!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right??

      I don't have the easiest time with purples either, especially since I'm usually under-slept and fighting shadows around my eyes. But I can't help buying purple shades, because they are just so darn pretty.

      Delete
  3. Judith30.10.12

    Love this! Still don't own any inglot. Was going to order my first palette a few months back from their online store, but I heard it was better to get it from a free standing store (better customer service etc.). So now I'm waiting until I go to Vegas next year to get it there! Can't wait. Thanks for the great swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)