November 03, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fall 2013 Polishes - Chop Chop Copper and Currant Trend

Sally Hansen has released several awesome new collections for the Fall season, including the Triple Shine series (which, er, I may have indulged in just this past weekend) and the Fuzzy Coat collection. Liz over at Beauty Reductionista did a great review of the Designer collection for the Complete Salon Manicure line as well. I had the opportunity to try out a few of the limited fall shades from their Insta-Dri line - my first ever, actually!

These are Chop Chop Copper and Currant Trend:

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fall 2013 Polishes - Chop Chop Copper and Currant Trend

Chop Chop Copper is a pale bronze foil with gold and pink micro glitter. I included a blurred picture because my iPhone camera refuses to pick up the subtle and totally incredible shimmer. It's beautiful as is, but when it catches the light, it's nuts.

It is on the sheerer side, so you'll have to layer it on for maximum impact. This is three coats.

As promised, it does dry faster than the average polish but I was still better off applying a quick-dry topcoat. My Pisces klutziness will not be outmatched, and I still had dings when I went without a topcoat.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fall 2013 Polishes - Chop Chop Copper and Currant Trend

Currant Trend is a super intense red violet shimmer, with hot pink and indigo micro-shimmer. The base colour is vivid but the shimmer subdued in natural light, but picks up a lot more in sunlight. Again, I included a blurred picture to show off that multi-dimensional shimmer.

I found this to have a really good formula, giving great coverage at two coats, which is what I'm wearing here.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fall 2013 Polishes - Chop Chop Copper and Currant Trend

The brush for these is fairly wide, with a rounded tip. It worked well - not my absolute favourite, but not problematic.

Overall I'm really pleased with my first foray into the Insta-Dri line. I do wish they dried rock hard faster, but that's my inability to avoid knocking into things speaking. I think for the average person, the drying time would be more than adequate.

Availability: These were a Fall release, with distribution across drugstores and other mass retailers. Prices vary, though 4.95$ is the suggested price.

Pros: Really awesome colours and multi-dimensional shimmer. Quick drying time, about 60 seconds for a touchable level of hardness. Currant Trend had a lovely, opaque formula.

Cons: Chop Chop Copper was on the sheerer side, which required at minimum 3 coats to achieve bottle depth. If you're ding-prone, a quick-dry topcoat is still necessary.

(These items were provided by the brand/PR to be considered for review. This post is not sponsored or compensated. All opinions are my own.)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for the shout out. I'm super excited for all the new SHs this season. I used to love this Insta-Dri range when it debuted. These shades look great, and I agree that a fast-dry top coat is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha! :P

      I am really excited about the new colours too - I literally stood in front of the display for 20 minutes the other day, fixated.

      Delete
  2. Sweet shades, Maggie :) I'm not a huge fan of the Insta-Dri formula really, for various reasons...and one being that I just don't really like the shape of the bottle!! hahaha I'm terrible :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Hey, oddly shaped bottles are a pain to store, which I can totally understand. ;)

      I'm curious - what else do you not like about the formula?

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)