November 04, 2013

Skincare Heroes - #1 Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire and Sensibio AR Creme Anti-Rougeurs

As I've mentioned before, I'm investing a lot of time this year in expanding my skincare horizons. As I've been testing left and right, I've found myself returning back to several key products, and, on occasion, integrating some of the new items into my closet of all-star, hero products. I thought I would start a series devoted to these - the tried and true, as well as the new heavy hitters.

The first one is a duo I've been using for years: Bioderma Sensibio AR Creme Anti-Rougeurs and Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire.

(Not this particular set, obviously, since I've gone through bottles of these. This Bioderma Solution Micellaire was actually sent to me so I could try the fancy flip-top version. Verdict? Fancy flip-top is awesome. Especially for my crack-of-dawn morning routine.)

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire and Sensibio AR Creme Anti-Rougeurs

The Bioderma Sensibio H2OSolution Micellaire is, of course, YouTube Famous. It has been touted by every beauty guru on the planet, and for good reason. It is a gentle and effective. I generally go in for a good oil cleanse in the evenings, but when it comes to quickly removing makeup, cleaning my skin in the morning, or touching up makeup mistakes - absolutely nothing beats this. (For heavier eye makeup I've found that soaking a cotton pad and letting it rest over my eyes is key to dissolving everything and incurring a minimum of tugging.)

I've used it for years, and it's the first staple to go into my skin prep kit if I'm working on someone else. Nothing is 100% hypoallergenic, but this comes pretty close. I can feel secure using it on almost anyone.

The Bioderma Sensibio Creme Anti-Rougeurs is my stand-by from when I was dealing with a lot of redness in my skin. Undiagnosed rosacea, chemical irritation, acne irritation - who knows? I was red, I was miserable, and this cream was the only thing that appeased it and made my skin calmer and less florid, especially over time. I don't need to use it daily now, but it's my standard for when my skin is acting up.

It's not heavily moisturizing and, in fact, has a really nice texture for oilier skin - very nice to use on clients with acne-prone skin that have obvious redness and irritation, since it will soothe and hydrate just enough. On myself,  I'll sometimes use it in place of moisturizer in the heavier summer months.

What about you guys? Have you fallen on the Bioderma bandwagon? What are your must-have skin saviours?

(One of the items was provided by the brand/PR for review, the other I purchased. This post is not sponsored or compensated. All opinions are my own.)

7 comments:

  1. Actually, micellar waters have been around for a while, particularly in France, and they weren't developed specifically for makeup artists (though we've taken to it for obvious reasons) but as a variant of the way a lot of French skincare regimes are done: namely, cleanse with a product you take off with cotton/muslin cloths, and tone afterwards. Micellar waters are gentler and more effective versions of that process, since the micelles dissolve the oils in makeup and sweep right off.

    I don't think they're overrated at all, especially if you can't tolerate foaming cleansers (which can strip your skin's natural acid mantle) and prefer not to use an oil-based cleanser (which is what I use on the evenings, but it's not everyone's bag).

    But hey, to each their own. :) Thank you for your comment, and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started using the Bioderma Sensibio for a while and totally understand why it is so hyped up. It removes most of my makeup(not my waterproof mascara though) and it is not oily. Love to see it around cosmetic counters to wipe off swatches of lipsticks or eyeshadow. I also like using the Sebium Mat which is perfect for summer for my normal combination skin. Moisturizing enough and keep me matte all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about seeing it at counters! Often they'll hand me some other makeup remover that either leaves a film on my hand (which interferes with the accuracy of the swatches) or just doesn't get the product off well enough.

      I haven't tried the Sebium Mat yet, but I'm really curious about it. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Bioderma... I don't use any micellar waters at the moment in favor of cleansing balms and oils, but truly, Bioderma is amazing for quick fixes. I haven't tried the antiredness cream, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, which oils/balms are you using right now??

      And you're welcome!

      Delete
  4. I've used the Bioderma cleanser and liked it for a quick cleanse in the morning...at night I just really need to somehow splash my face with water, so I prefer cleanser that require that step. However, I tried the Sebium version of this (for oilier skin) and HECK no. It contains fragrance, no.1, which is effing stupid, and it totally wrecked my face. Just NO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I'm strangely not very reactive to fragrance, even though I have otherwise fairly sensitive skin - but yeah, I can never understand when brands put fragrance in facial skincare. :(

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)