May 12, 2012

Chanel Summer 2012 Haul

After getting the heads up from Eugenia over at Ommorphia Beauty Bar that the Chanel collection was selling out like crazy, I made some frantic calls and located some of the last remaining bronzers at the Murale store downtown. The SA very kindly reserved her last Sable Rose for me, and I hauled butt through the hell that is Montreal summer roadwork.

I'm not a Chanel addict (yet), but I've been acquiring a taste as of recently. I know that Latoya from Beauty Obsessed just posted about how she was able to resist their offerings. I wish I could claim her fortitude!


The swatches of both the Sable Rose and the Sable Beige looked gorgeous in the store, even under their awful lighting. I had run into a male friend just outside the store and he deigned to come in with me for a few minutes. I asked his opinion, and he was equally enraptured by the bronzers!

The Sable-Emouvant duo was surprisingly appealing as well, considering how ordinary the colors appear at first. There is something to the duo, however. Some shimmery, incandescent Chanel magic. I can't wait to try it out and review.

I wasn't wowed by anything else in the collection, but they did have the display up for the Rose Ultimes Glossimers from Spring, and I fell hard for Jalousie, an incredible hot pink. Opaque and shimmery, what else could I ask for?

ALSO. They had a small amount of Paradoxal polish left over!

My SA was also kind enough to include a little goodie bag. Took some of the sting out of the 3$/hour parking.


Best of all? I got it all using my Optimum points! SCORE.

Good haulage pleases me.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous12.5.12

    Holy crap! How could you NOT indulge when you got it on points!?! I wish we had Murale here (though I hear now you can buy online? AWESOME). Sure, I know that I passed it all up, but you sure make it look great here Maggie :) If I could have made those bronzers work, one of them definitely would have come home with me. And despite me turning my nose up at the duo, you're going to get SO much use out of it! So, enjoy your purchases, and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? Freakin' LOVE those Optimum points. And yeah, Murale does have a functional online site now, and they do the Optimum promos on there as well! The only downside is that you can't redeem them online (at least not yet), and their brand selection is still a bit spotty. Apparently they are working on getting more of their brands to be accessible from the site. It seems like the high-enders (Bobbi, Chanel, Lancome, YSL) are the hold-outs.

      I am SO excited for the duo! I read Eugenia's review, and she is spot-on. It has so much more depth than is immediately apparent.

      Thank you! =)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12.5.12

    NICE!! I love it when we are able to get things we are craving so badly! Nothing like some great new makeup! I'm not sure I'll be picking up anything from the collections though-I am in bronzer overload over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bronzers this year are so good, it's been hard to pick, hasn't it? Which ones did you get??

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12.5.12

    *doing a major HAPPY dance* Is it nuts that I'm thrilling to your purchases, even though I already have these items? (well, maybe not the gloss...but still!)

    Seriously, I'm glad you were able to pick up these babies and props to you for braving our wonderful roadways *giving the evil eye to Transport Quebec* As to the duo, you're right; what looks like an ordinary brown/cream shadow duo is in fact perfection in a compact. I've never worn anything as silky smooth, nor as universally flattering! Love it!

    And ahhhhh....the goody bag! I've actually begun testing the Prevage Eye range, and just like the Prevage Night Cream I reviewed, the rest of this line does not disappoint -- I think you'll like it.

    Enjoy every single one of your goodies, Maggie -- can't wait to read your full thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you!! You are seriously THE WORST (or is that best?) enabler, lol!

      I guess I am a pretty devoted beauty shopper, if I'm willing to deal with the damn Yards and the 720 debacle. Heh!

      That goody bag was pretty swank. I haven't tested anything from the Prevage line, so I'm really looking forward to trying that cream. I'm really starting to need some help in that area, unfortunately. :( Your skin, on the other hand, looks absolutely fantastic! Have you done a skincare post?

      Delete
  4. Woman, you do the beauty lovers proud! Again, my eyes ---> O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!

      I may have, as they say, issues. ;)

      Delete
  5. I agree with Liz! :o) And have a quick question....I didn't get Chanel eyeshadow quad Kaska Beige when I should have and now, I can't really find anything on dupes or info on places that could possibly still sell it...have you found a good dupe for the Kaska Beige palette? Any info will be most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paulina! I don't own the Kaska Beige quad, unfortunately. I'm sorry I can't help you! :(

      Delete
  6. Sorry, if I bridged blogger etiquette.....I've literally have made 3 comments in blogs EVER...and I don't have one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't! I love comments and questions. :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)