October 06, 2012

Dior Nude Lip Blush - Grège, Charnelle and Esquisse

The Nude Lip Blush collection from Dior sort of snuck up on me last month. I was already looking out for the deep, plummy shades I associate with fall, so this subtle, restrained collection knocked me back a step. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do, but I ended up picking up three of the lipstick shades in one shot.

Left to right: Esquisse, Charnelle, Grège.

The color palette is a beautifully edited set of nudes, as the name would obviously imply, but these are no bland, milksop shades or this-side-of-zombie beige-lip neutrals. Ranging from creamy pink to brownish plum, they play up the lips instead of playing them down, the sheer pigment and glossy texture creating a plump, refreshed appearance. A "My Lips But Better" range.

Not all the shades will be universally flattering, of course, but I think you are more likely to find that elusive perfect nude shade in this collection than in any other. There is at least one nude in here to suit every complexion. The three I chose were the ones that worked the best for my colouring - light neutral skin, dark eyes, light-brown hair.




Grège is a light peach with an undertone of beige. 
(Grège is the French term for a gray-beige shade. This is a MUCH prettier color than the name suggests.)




Charnelle is a soft, warm pink.
It is similar to Grège, and you probably don't need both.




Esquisse is a muted berry with a hint of brown.

The finish and feel of these is terrific. They actually remind me a bit of the Revlon Lip Butters, but with a more refined texture - lighter, less balmy. They apply smoothly, as you'd expect, and feel luscious on the lips. My lips didn't feel saturated with moisture, but did feel hydrated throughout the time I was wearing these, and even looked a tad smoother and plumper.

They are not as long-lasting as Dior lipsticks generally are on me, but don't fade as quickly as a gloss. They also sort of "sink in" to the lip, looking less like lipstick and more like a natural tint as they wear away.

Grège, Charnelle, Esquisse. Natural light.

Grège, Charnelle, Esquisse. Artificial light.

Grège, Charnelle, Esquisse. Sunlight.
Availability: At Sephora, Nordstrom, The Bay, certain Pharmaprix/SDM locations. Price is 36$ CAD.

Pros: Very natural, wearable nudes, with the transluscent pigment making them that much easier to wear. Comfortable and hydrating feel.

Cons: Due to sheerer and glossier texture, don't wear quite as long as other lipsticks.

(I purchased these from Pharmaprix.)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6.10.12

    Esquisse looks lovely! I have naturally rosy lips so this might be a very tempting colour for me to get! I just had fun ordering some of Dior's Holiday goodies. This is such a fun time of year for makeup, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, is it ever! I just swung by the other day and picked up some new Dior goodies as well - just some of the lipsticks, as I have last year's Couture Gold and it feels like Night Gold might be very similar.

      What did you get??

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7.10.12

    I agree - Esquisse looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    http://personalperspectives.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, glad you like!

      PS - Generally speaking, it's not the best form to leave your blog signature in a comment. It's also unnecessary, since your name links directly to your blog as well. :)

      Delete
  3. All three are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? Honestly, ALL of the shades in the collection are lovely. Picking one is just a question of which nude compliments your particular colouring the best.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)