September 15, 2013

Beauty United Event in Toronto

I've been tremendously fortunate this past month, on both a personal and professional level. What do they call the opposite of Mercury Retrograde? Because that's what it feels like. This month has abounded in great opportunities and new relationships, and knowing how cyclical these things are, I'm cherishing and enjoying these moments.

One such opportunity was the Beauty United blogger event in Toronto this past month. I joined 30 other beauty bloggers from across Canada (including my beauty event bestie, Eugenia of Ommorphiabeautybar!) at the Trump hotel for the reveal of a new media program from Procter and Gamble. The goal was to introduce us to the beauty brands under that company's umbrella, while giving us the chance to speak with the makeup artists and hair stylists that represent those brands nationally and internationally.

It was a really fun evening, and getting to see the Fall trends explained by the very people who helped to develop them was a beauty junkie's dream. (Getting to meet fellow bloggers and eat scrumptious desserts was an incredible side benefit!)

The main conference room, where we shmoozed and gorged on daintily partook of chocolate and wine. You may recognize the lovely ladies behind Liner, Glitter, Gloss and Perilously Pale in the midst of this huddle. ;)


As you can see, I beelined straight for the chocolate.


Some of the products that were out on display for us to play with and discuss with the different representatives.

Blond is, of course, ALWAYS a trend.


Some of the newer items from Cover Girl, including the Flame Out line and the new Clean foundation.


An expansion of the very successful Regenerist line from Oil of Olay, as well their version of the CC cream.


I didn't even know that Vidal Sassoon had a haircare line in drugstores, until I spoke to the incredibly nice rep (who it turns out was an ex-pat West Islander - small world!).


The most exciting part for me, I'll admit, was seeing the presentations from Denis Binet and Amelie Ducharme, the artistic directors for hair and makeup, respectively, for Montreal Fashion Week.

Denis is charming in the way only a Parisian man can be, telling us stories of his daughters as he explained his inspiration for the Big Hair, Don't Care look. Amelie was no less delightful, joking that Pat McGrath always gets her best ideas from her. They were both very generous with their time and knowledge.

Denis Binet, the stunning model representing one of the Fall 2013 trends, and Amelie Ducharme.
Two of the looks presented:

1) Sleek, severe, almost androgynous hair. Contoured cheeks, burgundy-toned smoky eyes, modern matte skin.


2) Big hair, with a defined shape in the front and party in the back. Perfected but restrained eye and a saturated wine-red lip. Textures remain matte, but still wearable and fresh.


I also received a bagful of product to test out and review, so the first of those reviews will be coming this week. :)

(Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group, I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Happy you enjoyed yourself and looking forward to your upcoming reviews from the bag of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a lot of fun! :D

      Delete
  2. Oooo lucky you! Seems you had quite a bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt a bit like a dream! :D

      Delete
  3. It was so nice to finally meet you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I had such a good time hanging out with you. *smooshes*

      Delete
  4. Anonymous20.9.13

    Now I feel like a schlub for being so late in posting my photos from this event....but I loved reliving it all through your fab pics! Had a blast with you, my event buddy & looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're no schlub! I can't wait to see your photos. :D

      And yes, it was so nice having an event buddy!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for your comment, I love to hear back from you guys. =) I try to respond back to every comment within a few days.

Please don't use this comment form for self-promotion, though. It's bad blogger etiquette. And we don't wish to upset Emily Post. ;)